All Available Forms Can Be Found Here:
2. Auction Kaleidoscope event at the 2022 Expo; theme is “Gateway to Kaleidoscopes”. The following guidelines will be used for the 2022 Expo. Kaleidoscope Auction Guidelines and Silent Auction Bid Sheet for 2022 Expo.
3. Consider entering up to five kaleidoscopes in Foundry Art Centers Kaleidoscope Exhibit. Application fee is waved for BKS artists. The exhibit runs April 1st thru May 13th. There are over $1700 in cash awards and the Foundry is hosting an awards night on the 13th as part of this Expo.
General Information for Artists:
- Special hotel room rates is being provided for BKS at the Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel. Individuals are responsible for their own hotel arrangements.
- Showroom tables for exhibiting artists are $100 each with electricity provided at no extra cost. Each table is 6 feet by 30 inches. You may decorate your table to your own taste. White table skirting will be provided.
- All exhibiting artists who reserve a table and stay until the show ends at 4:30 PM on Sunday will receive a one year membership extension ($60 email newsletter value) to your BKS membership. If artists are sharing a table only one membership will be granted per purchased table.
- Setup for exhibiting artists will begin on Thursday, May 12, 2022. Please refer to the schedule for exact times.
- All forms and door prize donations should be delivered to the showroom desk on Thursday before 4:00 PM.
- The Wholesale Ordering Session is from 5-7 PM on Thursday. Only registered exhibiting artists and retailers will be admitted for this session. Artists handle all their wholesale orders personally. Artist may continue their setup during this time.
- The Unveiling is a special part of the opening meeting. Any BKS member registered for the Expo may unveil one “never before seen” design of their own creation. The work must be being unveiled for the first time and should not have been exhibited or for sale publicly at any time previously. (Please see: Unveiling Guidelines)
- The showroom will open during scheduled times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to attendees. The show room will be open to the general public on Saturday & Sunday.
- Sale items or other items that are lost, broken or stolen are the responsibility of exhibiting artists. The showroom will be locked at the end of each day. Artists may choose, and are advised to remove special items to a more secure location nightly.
- Any meals provided by the Expo will be listed in the general Expo schedule.
Retail sales, Labels and forms for the showroom
- All retail sales are to go through the showroom desk. BKS will provide packaging, credit card processing, and handle all state sales taxes for all retail sales.
- Exhibiting artists will receive a consignment percentage of the retail price on the label/inventory sheet. BKS members attending the Expo will receive a 10% discount of the retail price. Missouri sales tax will be applied to the sale price after any discount is applied. The BKS showroom will handle charging and reporting of the sales tax on all retail sales in the showroom. The BKS showroom desk will assume overhead costs for cash, check and credit card purchases on retail sales.
- New Artists exhibiting on the new artist table are limited to three items and will receive a reduced consignment percentage for any sales.
- Write to email@example.com for consignment percentage details.
- The focus of your exhibit table should be your kaleidoscope designs but a limited amount of other forms of your artwork may be sold including jewelry, books, photos, bookmarks, paperweights, etc. Items should be mostly related to your kaleidoscope work. Please avoid a flea market look.
- Removable labels for your work with your artist ID number will be mailed to you about six weeks prior to the Expo. The detailed artist information and forms for inventory, silent auction and unveiling will be emailed to you about seven weeks prior to the Expo. More price labels, if needed, will be available during the Thursday set-up. We are using Avery label #5418 which are removable and should not damage any surface finishes.
- The price on the label should be the RETAIL PRICE and written clearly. Your own item inventory number must be placed after your artist ID number. Mistakes made if the retail staff cannot read your handwriting will be honored and you will receive the percentage of what is actually charged.
- Special order forms will be available at the showroom desk for collectors to order work that is not available at the Expo.
Auction Kaleidoscopes – Theme for 2022 is “Gateway to Kaleidoscopes”
Shipping Instructions to the Hotel
Each artist is responsible for their own shipping. Plan your shipping to arrive the week before the Expo… meaning your package should not arrive before May 4th but should arrive no later than May 11th.
SHERATON WESTPORT CHALET
191 Westport Plaza Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
Be sure your name is also on the package.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org