Exhibition at the Foundry Art Centre
Friday, April 1st – Friday, May 13th, 2022
520 N. Main Center
St. Charles, MO 63301
The Brewster Kaleidoscope Society (BKS), in cooperation with the Foundry Art Centre, will curate this juried kaleidoscope exhibition showcasing the wide variety of kaleidoscope art in the 21st century. The exhibition is open to all artists, working in all media, from all over the world.
This will be the first kaleidoscope exhibit held at the Foundry Art Centre. The Foundry Art Centre includes 5,200 square feet of state-of-the-art exhibition space to host international exhibitions. Approximately 6-8 special exhibitions involving a variety of media, curated exhibits, and traveling exhibitions are displayed in the galleries throughout the year.
The Foundry Art Centre resides in what was once a train car factory; a 1920’s structure formerly owned by American Car & Foundry. Rather than demolish the 36,800 square foot building, the community of St. Charles worked tirelessly to complete a $2.2 million renovation and opened the region’s premiere, interactive, interdisciplinary art Centre in the spring of 2004.
- August 15th , 2021 Online entry submission begins
- February 28th , 2022 Entry deadline Online entry form closes – Extended to February 28th
- March 1st , 2022 Notification of accepted work
- March 21st, 2022 Delivery/Shipping arrival of work to Foundry Art Centre
- April 1st, 2022 Opens to Public
- April 1st, 2022 Opening Reception 5-8 PM
- Friday, May 13th, 2022 Awards Reception 6-9 PM (part of the 2021 BKS expo)
- Friday, May 13th, 2022 Exhibition closes
Open to all artists creating kaleidoscopes and kaleidoscope related or themed art.
All Kaleidoscopes and 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional Kaleidoscope related or themed art.
Judging criteria for acceptance in the exhibit are based on two main distinctions:
- Technical Mastery and creativity
- A distinct quality of unique and original thought
Only work accepted by the Juror will be displayed in the exhibit. The Juror’s judgement will be final.
- First Prize $1000.
- Second Prize $500.
- Third Prize $250.
Purchase award providers will get a sneak peek of the exhibit catalog. And will be able to make purchases before the exhibit is open to the public. If you would be interested in providing a purchase award contact Mike or Donna Thibodeau at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Julius H. Stickoffer, Medal of Honor Winner from the Indian Wars-Award provided by Mary Boll
- The Lt. George Bilsbarrow of St. Louis, WWI Casualty in France-Award provided by Mary Boll
- The Collector’s Purchase Award provided by Tom and Gale Klingelhoets
- The Robert C. Tupa Purchase Award provided by Robert F. Tupa
- The Wilson Family Purchase Award provided by Debra & Walter Wilson
- All work must be an original design handmade by the artist or artist team
- All artists or artist teams may enter five works per entry.
- Both earlier and new work may be considered.
- No kits.
- Shipped work different from the accepted submitted photos will be disqualified.
- All work must remain for the entire duration of the exhibit.
- All work submitted must be for sale. Prices stated on the submission form are final.
- All artists will receive 60% of the sale price set by the artist.
- Artists will receive payment for sold work within 3 weeks of the closing date of the exhibit.
- The Foundry Art Centre will insure all works while in its possession.
- Work judged too fragile or hazardous for public display may be rejected by the curators of the exhibit.
- All images submitted for the competition will become the possession of the BKS and may be used for promotional purposes and placed in the BKS historical archive.
- Shipping costs to and from the exhibit will be the responsibility of the artist.
- All return shipping costs must be pre-paid before unsold work is returned.
- All exhibitors must agree to all terms for exhibit and sales as set by the Foundry Art Centre and the Brewster Kaleidoscope Society
- Please label all photos in the following manner: LastName_FirstName_ArtworkTitle_Medium_YearCreated_PhotoID#
- Your Photo ID number should refer to Entry 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. It should also denote if there is more than one photo of each entry. Examples: 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b
- You may submit up to six images of each entry. Kaleidoscope entries should include interior and exterior photos.
Fees & Costs
- Jury/Entry Fee includes up to five entries
- BKS Members Free (You are not logged in – be sure to login before you begin the application)
- Non BKS Members $35
- Shipping to and from the Foundry is the artist responsibility.
- Join BKS
- All jury/entry fees are non-refundable.
Questions should be directed to:
The Brewster Kaleidoscope Society at email@example.com
Foundry Art Centre
Kaleidoscopes : The Artform
520 N. Main Center
St. Charles, MO 63301