The Brewster Kaleidoscope Society 2018 Convention
All Available Forms Can Be Found Here:
Auction Kaleidoscope event at the 2018 convention theme is “Rhythm and Blues”. The following guidelines will be used for the 2018 convention.
General Information for Artists:
- Early Bird Convention registration is $290 per participant until February 1, 2018. Regular registration will be $315 beginning February 2, 2018. All exhibiting artists must be registered for convention.
- Special hotel room rates is being provided for the BKS at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee. Individuals are responsible for their own hotel arrangements.
- Showroom tables for exhibiting artists are $100 each with electricity provided at no extra cost. Tables this year are about 12 square feet. Table dressing is per artist choice. Colors of draping is unknown at this time.
- All exhibiting artists who reserve a table and stay until the show ends at 4:00 PM on Sunday will receive a one year membership extension ($60 email newsletter value) in the BKS. If artists are sharing a table only one membership will be granted per purchased table.
- Setup time for exhibiting artists will begin on Thursday, May 10, 2018. Please refer to the schedule for exact times.
- All forms and door prize donations should be delivered to the showroom desk on Thursday before 4:00 PM.
- The Wholesale Ordering Session is from 5-7 PM on Thursday. Only registered exhibiting artists and retailers will be admitted for this session. Artists handle all their wholesale orders personally. Artist may continue to complete their setup during this time.
- The Unveiling is a special part of the opening meeting. Any BKS member registered for the convention may unveil one “never before seen” design of their own creation. The work must be being unveiled for the first time and should not have been exhibited or for sale publicly at any time previously. Information on the unveiling form will be used in the next News Scope. (Please see: Unveiling Guidelines)
- The showroom will open during scheduled times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday to attendees and the general public.
- Sale items or other items that are lost, broken or stolen are not the responsibility of the BKS. The room will be locked at the end of each day. Artists may choose and are advised to remove special items to a more secure location nightly.
- Any meals provided by the convention will be listed in the general convention schedule.
Retail sales, Labels and forms for the showroom
- All retail sales are to go through the showroom desk. The BKS will provide packaging for all retail sales.
- Exhibiting artists will receive consignment percentage of the retail price on the label/inventory sheet. BKS Convention attendees get a 10% discount of the retail price. Tennessee sales tax will be applied to the sale price after any discount is applied. The BKS showroom will handle charging and reporting of the sales tax on all retail sales in the showroom. The BKS showroom desk will assume overhead costs for cash, check and credit card purchases on retail sales.
- New Artists exhibiting on the new artist table are limited to three items and will receive a reduced consignment percentage for any sales.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for consignment percentage details.
- The focus of your exhibit table should be your kaleidoscope designs but a limited amount of other forms of your artwork may be sold including jewelry, books, photos, bookmarks, paperweights, etc. Items should be mostly related to your kaleidoscope work. Please avoid a flea market look.
- Removable labels for your work with your artist ID number will be mailed to you in early April with the detailed artist information and forms for inventory, silent auction and unveiling. More price labels will be available during the Thursday set-up. We are using Avery label #5418 which are removable and should not damage any surface finishes.
- The price on the label should be the RETAIL PRICE and written clearly. Your own item inventory number must be placed after your artist ID number. Mistakes made by the retail staff not being able to read your handwriting will be honored and you will receive the percentage of what is actually charged.
- Special order forms will be available at the showroom desk for collectors to order work that is not available at the convention.
Auction Kaleidoscopes – Theme for 2018 is “Rhythm and Blues”
Shipping Instructions to the Hotel
Each artist is responsible for their own shipping. Shipping instructions will be emailed to registered artists in early spring.
If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com